Lost in a sea of knits, drinking chocolate macadamia nut coffee on this beautiful sunny morning.
And you know that collective I mentioned yesterday? Our instagram is live! Check out @ourmakerlife to get in on the handmade love, and what I think is the start of something pretty amazing. Happy saturday friends!
Sometimes, when you feel like you have 47 projects to finish and not enough hours in the day, you need to take a moment to breathe and reflect and get your stress under control. Here's my#weeklyhappylist to help keep me grounded, even when my mind is racing a thousand miles an hour.
1) In just one week, 85 of you lovely, supportive crocheters have purchased my cocoon sweater pattern on etsy or ravelry. I know I sound repetitive, but thank you so, so much.
2) I purchased the most glorious mustard yellow sweater last weekend. Over the years, my mustard yellow attire has dwindled to one ratty 7 year old cardigan (which I never wear, but keep as a gross yellow safety net). Wearing my new sweater, and retiring my decrepit one this week was such a satisfying feeling.
3) I thought of the most marvelous and hilarious mother's day gift. And I can't wait to share when it's finished by the ever so talented @maple.and.rose. Because it is going to be awesome.
4) I found out one of my most favourite people @ashley_muskoka is heading to my neck of the woods in May, and I'm hoping to see her beautiful face for a frolic in the mountains during the May long weekend.
5) I've been tirelessly working with four other fabulous makers to build a creative collective. We are launching our instagram this weekend, are preparing our website for next week, and are in the middle of planning an exciting event this summer that will soon be open for registration.
So there you have it!
Ahh you guys, how fashionable does @granvillestitchery look in her new cocoon sweater she made using my pattern?! An 11/10 I would say!
This talented beauty is one of almost 70 crocheters who have bought my pattern since Friday evening, and I want to thank each and every one.
Words can't even describe how happy and humbled I am that so many of you have continuously supported my handmade dream, first with knitwear and now with my first pattern release. With any craft there are countless frustrations and road blocks and letdowns, from designing struggles, to creation failures, to the stress of putting your work out there in the hopes it will be accepted. It's times like this, when you all share your own cocoon sweater journeys, when you send me messages thanking me for the pattern, when I see the final photo with a beautiful beaming face, that makes all those less-than-happy moments I experienced along the way totally worth the rewarding feeling I'm experiencing right now
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
So this tank from @theyarnmamas not only says yarn, but it's actually the softest most comfiest top ever. And long!! Which I am so happy about!
Also trying to finalize this new fancy cocoon design. It has been waiting ever so patiently for its time to shine, while I work on approximately 4 thousand other things in my life right now. Soon, fancy cocoon, soon (my hands are extra veiny these days with all my aggressive crocheting, wah wah).
Good morning, rainy Saturday. With gloomy skies looming outside, I'm settling in my comfy corner couch nook with coffee and yarn to appreciate the stillness of today after such a crazy week.
In other news, I'm feeling completely overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude after releasing my first crochet pattern last night, with 30+ of you scooping it up to make your very own cocoon sweaters. Seriously, thank you so so much for your support and kind words. Several of you have already asked if I'll be releasing and more patterns! And to that I say yes, are there any in particular you would be interested in seeing?
Happy peaceful Saturday morning, my friends.
Well, it's official. My cocoon sweater pattern has been released into the wild world of etsy! Found here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/knitbrooks…
I feel nervous, as I'm sure all who put their ideas and work out there for strangers to see do, but I'm also so excited to start this new chapter of my handmade journey.
Extra big virtual hugs to the ladies who helped me out with the pattern writing process, and of course thank you all for your interest and patience while I made my way through these uncharted waters. Happy crocheting!
Busy weeks always fly by, it's Thursday already!
Finally started with my Mama Knows Clips and Crochet merino roving wool yesterday. My swatches have been disassembled, and I have committed to an endeavour (two weeks later...). You guys it's so soft. After playing with so much high quality wool the last few months, I don't know how I'm going to go back to the regular stuff permanently! #yarnproblems
Hello friends, I'm Kelly! I'm a 27-year-old cozy enthusiast who loves creating things with yarn, exploring the beauty of nature, and eating Brooklyn style pizza.